PRESS – a program for the newly diagnosed.
The PRESS Program (Parkinson’s Roadmap for Education and Support Services) was designed for those diagnosed with PD within the last 5 years.
This 8 week program conducted in a support group format will help you feel empowered, in control, and optimistic. The PRESS (Parkinson’s Roadmap for Education and Support Services) program was designed to provide emotional support and a safe place to share coping strategies to live your best life with PD.
- What’s Next After Diagnosis
- Medication Management of Parkinson’s
- The Importance of Exercise
- Dealing with Physical Symptoms of PD
- Impact of Parkinson’s on Daily Coping and Relationships
- Tips for Daily Living
- Caring for Others, Caring for Yourself
- Building Your Healthcare Team
FURTHER INFORMATION & PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to commit to attending all eight weeks – these are not drop-in sessions.
- Care partners or family members are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
- Program is free of charge.
- Pre-registration required. Program is limited to 12 participants.
- Spokane In Person: Tuesdays, 10am to 12:00pm
Oct 3 thru Nov 21
At Gleason Center – 325 Sprague Ave
- Virtual Program: Thursdays, 5:30pm – 7:00pm PT
Jan 10 thru October 26
- Seattle In-Person Program
Tuesdays, 10:30am – 11:30am
January 10 thru February 21
At APDA Office – 130 Nickerson