Parkinson’s Disease Clinical Trials
Clinical trials are a crucial step in discovering the causes, treatments, and a cure for Parkinson’s. Before drugs can be approved to be used in a patient population they are rigorously reviewed through the mechanism of a clinical trial.
APDA is pleased to maintain this area for your convenient access to basic information on research studies on-going at various movement disorder centers across the country. Although APDA has not individually reviewed or specifically endorsed each study posted here, each has been reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review Board at its respective medical center.
For further information on any study posted here, please utilize the specific contact information provided with the description of the actual study in which you are interested. As always, consult your physician to discuss the individual benefits and risks of each study prior to participating.
Webinar: Spotlight On Clinical Trials
Here is an overview of the APDA webinar on Parkinson’s clinical trials, hosted on 9.17.21, including why clinical trials are vital to Parkinson’s research and how to participate.
To increase your awareness and connect you with ongoing research and clinical trials visit:
- NIH Clinical Trial Finder
- Sage Therapeutics sponsored trial for Parkinson’s Disease Mild Cognitive Impairment (PD-MCI): Research study for adults ages 50 to 75 years old who have been diagnosed with PD-MCI. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and tolerability of an investigational medication. Participants must have a confirmed diagnosis of PD-MCI. The study is currently enrolling at the following sites:
- Atlanta, GA – Atlanta Center for Medical Research
- Boca Raton, FL – Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders Center of Boca Raton
- Gaithersburg, MD – CBH Health
- Long Beach, CA – Collaborative Neuroscience Network – Long Beach
- Omaha, NE – CCT Research – West Omaha Family Physicians
- Phoenix, AZ – CCT Research – Foothills Neurology
- Port Charlotte, FL – Parkinson’s Disease Treatment Center of Southwest Florida
- Saint Petersburg, FL – Suncoast Neuroscience Associates
- West Palm Beach, FL – Palm Beach Neurology and Premiere Research Institute
For additional information on the PARADIGM STUDY, please visit the trial listing on clinicaltrials.gov or contact email@example.com.
- Massachusetts General Hospital evaluating a new cognitive test for people with neurologic conditions: Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital are looking to determine whether their new scale for detecting Cerebellar Cognitive and Affective Syndrome (CCAS) can distinguish between patients with cerebellar disorders and those with other neurodegenerative conditions, like Parkinson’s disease. Looking for people over the age of 18 with Parkinson’s Disease. Participation is via a digital Zoom call to you at home from researchers at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Please visit their research page, or contact Brigitte Jacoby at 860-841-0598 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or set up an appointment.
Learn more about Clinical Trials
Progress in treating Parkinson’s disease (PD) depends on clinical trials, and the success of clinical trials depends on people like you who volunteer to enroll in a trial. Download our brochure to learn about clinical trials, what they can offer you, and how you can learn more.