APDA Northwest is a small but mighty chapter that relies heavily on volunteers and interns. We have a vast number of opportunities from one-time projects to ongoing needs, from patient programs, fundraising, and office work to specific expertise in areas of expertise. Your time and effort can improve the lives of those impacted by Parkinson disease. Download our volunteer application below:
In addition to the ongoing general volunteer and intern needs, we also have the following specific needs:
- Social Media – Can you help grow our presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Post regularly attention grabbing information that is relevant and useful to our audience?
- Auction – Do you have past experience with auction software such as Greater Giving? A special knack for procuring great auction items? An eye for detail and event logistics?
- Walk – Have you organized a fundraising walk? Can you motivate teams to raise funds? Seek new teams to join? Are you good with volunteers and logistics? Are you a strong, technically savvy writer that can help set up motivational and thank you email triggers in our peer-to-peer fundraising software (Donor Drive)?
- Grants – Do you have grant writing experience? Researched opportunities for funding? Had success in securing grants?
- Data Entry – Have you managed large databases? Helped coordinate a transfer of information into a new system? An amazing eye for detail? Maybe even a knowledge of DonorPerfect?
- Patient Programs – Do you have past experience in organizing health care related events? Have you created programs or led outreach efforts to raise awareness? Do you have knowledge of Parkinson Disease?
- E-Marketing – Are you a good writer? Do you have expertise using email marketing software like Constant Contact? Do you how to grab people’s attention and inspire them to do something? Have you done e-newsletters?
Time is a precious commodity and any gift, no matter how small, is appreciated and highly valued. If you can provide assistance or desire more information, please complete our Volunteer Application. You will be contacted through your preferred contact method within two weeks.