Find a Parkinson’s Support Group in Georgia Near You
One of the most important goals of the APDA Georgia Chapter is to bring vital support groups to areas near you. Being a part of a support group is an important step in maintaining an active and positive lifestyle. If you are in an area that does not have a support group, contact us and we will help you get the support you need. The APDA Georgia Chapter wants to be sure you receive the support you need especially during this time when we cannot attend our normal meetings in person. We invite you to join us for a virtual meeting via ZOOM! Click the meeting below to join at the scheduled date and time:
APDA Young Onset Support Group, 2nd Tuesday, 7:00 PM
APDA Care Partner Support Group , 4th Wednesday, 2:00 pm
APDA People With PD and Their Families Support Group, 4th Thursday, 2:00 pm
Additional support groups for both the person with PD and your Care Partner.
**Groups are in order by meeting date and time. Please contact the facilitator to see if the meetings are on ZOOM or in person.
- ZOOM Only Support Group, 2nd Sunday, 4:00 p.m. Click for ZOOM link. Contact Robin: 770-634-8033
- Marietta, 2nd Monday, 6:00 p.m. Click for ZOOM link: Marietta – PD Life Support Group
- Marietta, 1st Monday, 2:00 p.m. Contact Dawn: 770-722-7641 Care Partner Support Group, meets at 2881 Canton Rd, Marietta, GA 30066. (Due to holidays date changes – July 11 and Sept.12)
- ***NEW*** Atlanta, Last Monday of the month, 2:00 p.m. The Terraces at Peachtree Hills Place,
The Terraces Community Room, 229 Peachtree Hills Ave., NE, Atlanta, GA 30019
Contact Jennifer: 478-278-7183
- Sandy Springs, 1st Tuesday, 11:00 a.m., CFMC Gym, 6667 Vernon Woods Dr NE Suite A-16, Sandy Springs, GA 30328 Contact Brianna with questions: 678-231-0027
- Blairsville, GA, 2nd Tuesday, 2:00 p.m., in person, North Georgia Technical College, RM 414, 121 Meeks Avenue, Blairsville, GA 30512, Contact Cathy: 706-439-6467
- Newnan, GA, 2nd Tuesday, 2:30 p.m., Contact Barbara: 470-686-2437
- Dacula, GA, 4th Tuesday, 3:00 p.m., Arbor Terrace Hamilton Mill, 3581 Braselton Hwy, Dacula, GA 30019 Contact: Lawton: 770-999-0421
- APDA Young Onset Support Group, click for ZOOM link, 2nd Tuesday, 7:00 p.m., for people diagnosed as young onset, typically between the ages of 21 to 50 yrs old Contact Barbara Mooney: 404-325-2020
- APDA Dunwoody Support Group, 3rd Tuesday, 7:00 p.m., https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8138359494pwd=RWNVbzdDRng5d016djVyOFhvc1FMZz09Meeting ID: 813 8359 4944
- Atlanta, GA – 3rd Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany, 2089 Ponce de Leon Ave., NE, Atlanta, GA 30307, contact Mary Lou: 404-892-9595 *Small groups of adults whose members are fully vaccinated may meet without masks. People who are not vaccinated (because of other health concerns) must wear masks.
- Rome, GA – 3rd Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. Contact Rich: 706-291-8561
- Peachtree City, GA – 3rd Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. Contact Pam: 770-487-4444
- APDA Columbus, GA , Tuesday, September 28 and October 12 and October 26 (in-person) 5 p.m. Contact: Emily: email@example.com
- Peachtree City, GA – Care Partners Support Group, 1st Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. Contact Pam: 770-487-4444
- Atlanta, GA – Movers and Shakers Support Group, 2nd Wednesday, 12:00 p.m.
call Rosemary for details, 404-630-1462
- APDA Care Partner Support Group, click for ZOOM link, 4th Wednesday, 2:00 p.m. Contact Barbara Mooney: 404-325-2020
- Snellville, GA – 2nd Thursday, 10:30 a.m., contact Bill: 770-978-1433
ZOOM Meeting join here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84370107965
- Macon, GA – 3rd Thursday, 2:00 p.m. Contact Jennifer: 478-201-6500
- Griffin, GA – 3rd Thursday, 2:30 p.m. Contact Jackie: 678-603-0703
- APDA Families with PD, 4th Thursday, 2:00 p.m. meetings are held on ZOOM. Click the link to register
- Dunwoody, GA – 4th Thursday, 1:00 p.m., Contact Jan for zoom link: 404-579-6782
- Athens, GA – 2nd Friday, 1:00 p.m., Contact Gayle for questions:firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on any of these support groups, please contact Barbara Mooney:
Email: email@example.com Phone: 404-325-2020
Additional support is available through the American Parkinson Disease Association “Smart Patients” Community.