Find a Parkinson’s Support Group in Georgia Near You
One of the most important goals of the APDA Georgia Chapter is to bring vital support groups to areas near you. Being a part of a support group is an important step in maintaining an active and positive lifestyle. If you are in an area that does not have a support group, contact us and we will help you get the support you need. We invite you to join us for a virtual meeting via ZOOM! Click the meeting below to join at the scheduled date and time or browse the list for an in-person meeting.
APDA Young Onset Support Group, 2nd Tuesday, 7:00 PM
APDA Care Partner Support Group , 4th Wednesday, 2:00 pm
APDA People With PD and Their Families Support Group, 4th Thursday, 2:00 p.m.
Additional support groups for both the person with PD and your Care Partner.
**Groups are in order by meeting day and time.
- ZOOM Only Support Group, 2nd Sunday, 4:00 p.m. Click for ZOOM link. Contact Robin: 770-634-8033
- Peachtree City, First Monday, 1:30 PM, Contact Jack: 404-308-3770
- Marietta, 1st Monday, 2:00 p.m. Contact Dawn: 770-722-7641 Care Partner Support Group, meets at 2881 Canton Rd, Marietta, GA 30066.
- Tifton, GA, CAREGIVER Support Group – 4th Monday, 2:00 p.m., First United Methodist Church, Parlor Room, 107 W 12th St, Tifton, GA 31794 Contact: Debra: 229-392-1288 or Teena: 229-392-3359
- Marietta, 2nd Monday, 6:00 p.m. Click for ZOOM link: Marietta – PD Life Support Group
- Atlanta, APDA Information and Referral Center – 1st Tuesday, 12:00 p.m., 1st Tuesday of each month, Time: 12 PM – 1 PM Location: Grady Memorial Hospital, 80 Jesse Hill Jr. Dr. SE 8th floor Conference Room (D) Hallway. Please RSVP – Barbara Gadson, 470-791-4332
- Sandy Springs, 1st Tuesday, 11:00 a.m., CFMC Gym, 6667 Vernon Woods Dr NE Suite A-16, Sandy Springs, GA 30328 Contact Brianna with questions: 919-395-1687
- APDA Young Onset Support Group, click for ZOOM link, 2nd Tuesday, 7:00 p.m., for people diagnosed as young onset, typically between the ages of 21 to 50 yrs old Contact Barbara Mooney: 404-325-2020
- Blairsville, GA, 2nd Tuesday, 2:00 p.m., in person, North Georgia Technical College, RM 414, 121 Meeks Avenue, Blairsville, GA 30512, Contact Cathy: 706-439-6467
- Newnan, GA, 2nd Tuesday, 2:30 p.m., Contact Barbara: 470-686-2437
- Dacula, GA, 4th Tuesday, 3:00 p.m., Arbor Terrace Hamilton Mill, 3581 Braselton Hwy, Dacula, GA 30019 Contact: Lawton: 770-999-0421
- Alpharetta, GA, 4th Tuesday, 2:00 p.m., The Mansions of Alpharetta, Contact: Ed Votta, 470-359-5200
- APDA Dunwoody Support Group, ***Coming soon*** New in-person meeting coming in May!
- Atlanta, GA – 3rd Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. The Episcopal Church of the Epiphany, 2089 Ponce de Leon Ave., NE, Atlanta, GA 30307, contact Mary Lou: 404-892-9595 *Small groups of adults whose members are fully vaccinated may meet without masks. People who are not vaccinated (because of other health concerns) must wear masks.
- Rome, GA – 3rd Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. Contact Rich: 706-291-8561
- Peachtree City, GA – 3rd Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. Contact Pam: 770-487-4444
- APDA Columbus, GA , 4th Tuesday (in-person) 5 p.m. Contact: Emily: email@example.com
- Augusta, GA – 4th Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. Clubhouse at Brandon Wilde, 4275 Owens Rd, in Evans, GA. The meetings are also available on Zoom and Facebook Live at facebook.com/parkinsoncsra
- Peachtree City, GA – Care Partners Support Group, 1st Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. Contact Pam: 770-487-4444
- Atlanta, GA – Movers and Shakers Support Group, 2nd Wednesday, 12:00 p.m.
call Rosemary for details, 404-630-1462
- Grayson, GA APDA Benton House Grayson, 3rd Wednesday, 6:00 PM, 2270 Loganville Hwy, Grayson, GA 30017 Contact: Lourdes Ibeawuchi, Phone: 678-471-4867
- Alpharetta, Atria Senior Living, 3rd Wednesday, 6:00 p.m., 100 Somerby Drive, Alpharetta, GA 30009 Contact: Emily: 678-459-8616
- APDA Care Partner Support Group, click for ZOOM link, 4th Wednesday, 2:00 p.m. Contact Barbara Mooney: 404-325-2020
- Snellville, GA – 2nd Thursday, 10:30 a.m., contact Bill: 770-978-1433 In person, Sheridan Eastside, 1900 Tree Lane, Snellville, GA 30078
- Sandy Springs – 4th Thursday, 1pm CFMC Gym, 6667 Vernon Woods Drive Suite A16, Sandy Springs 30328 Contact Jan: 404-579-6782
- Alpharetta, GA – 2nd Thursday, 2:00 p.m. The Mansions at Alpharetta, 3700 Brookside Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30022, Contact Dawna: (470) 517-2056 to RSVP for meeting
- Macon, GA – 3rd Thursday, 2:00 p.m. Room 1, Atrium Health Navicent Wellness Center, 3797 Northside Drive, Macon, GA 31210. Open to everyone: PwP, care partners & family of PwP, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Griffin, GA – 3rd Thursday, 2:30 p.m. Contact Jackie: 678-603-0703
- Covington, GA – 3rd Thursday, 3:00 p.m., Contact Kacey: 678-205-9971
- APDA Families with PD, 4th Thursday, 2:00 p.m. meetings are held on ZOOM. Click the link to register
- Dunwoody, GA – 4th Thursday, 1:00 p.m., Contact Jan for zoom link: 404-579-6782
- Blue Ridge, GA – 4th Thursday, (next meeting, August 25, 2022), 3:00 PM, First Baptist Church Blue Ridge – Activities building adjacent to church, 907 East Main Street, Blue Ridge, Georgia 30513 Contact Kimerly: 904-347-1765
- Athens, GA – 2nd Friday, 1:00 p.m., Contact Gayle for questions: email@example.com
For more details on any of these support groups, please contact Barbara Mooney:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 404-325-2020
Additional support is available through the American Parkinson Disease Association “Smart Patients” Community.