Parkinson’s Roadmap for Education and Support Services (PRESS) is an eight-week VIRTUAL support series with tailored content to address the psychosocial needs of those who have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease within the last five years. Each PRESS support group is facilitated by a trained healthcare professional and will provide a structured platform for people to share their experiences, feelings, and strategies for coping with the disease.
Dates: Mondays from September 17 through November 12
Time: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Session 1: What’s Next After Diagnosis
Session 2: Medication Management of Parkinson’s
Session 3: Importance of Exercise in PD
Session 4: Dealing with Physical Symptoms of PD
Session 5: Impact of Parkinson’s on Daily Coping and Relationships
Session 6: Tips for Daily Living
Session 7: Caring for Others, Caring for Yourself
Session 8: Building your Healthcare Team
• Each group will consist of up to 10-12 participants.
• The group is open to anyone with a diagnosis of PD, diagnosed within the last 5 years and their care partners.
• Participants must commit to the 9 sessions and make every effort to complete the program, engage and share.
• All participants must be screened by the facilitator to participate.
• Each session will be 1.5 hours each week for 8 weeks via Zoom.
Click here to register.
Contact Marilyn Wilson, Program Director, for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org.