The American Parkinson Disease Association Chapter of Minnesota provides:

• A telephone helpline
  • Counseling and advocacy
  • Referrals to community resources
  • Collaboration with community support groups statewide
  • Handbooks and booklets about the disease
  • A book and video lending library
  • Newsletters and website announcements
  • Community education for healthcare professionals and families affected by Parkinson’s disease.

Who we serve

The APDA Minnesota Chapter provides information to individuals who have Parkinson’s disease, their families, caregivers, allied health professionals, and anyone interested in learning more about how to live well with Parkinson’s disease.

Order education materials.

Events, classes and resources:

Call Anthony Tolefree at 651-706-1739

Meet Our Medical Director and Staff

Dr. Alyson Connor, Medical Director

I am a movement disorders neurologist at MHealth Fairview and an Assistant Professor of Neurology at the University of Minnesota.  I completed my M.D. at University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan, neurology residency at University Hospitals/Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, and my movement disorders fellowship at the University of Minnesota before joining the faculty at University of Minnesota in 2022.  I began working with people with Parkinson’s disease in residency which sparked my desire to focus my career on movement disorders.  My priority is to work with people with Parkinson’s and their caregivers to improve their quality of life and functioning.  I also serve as the Associate Program Director for the Movement Disorders Fellowship at the University of Minnesota.  Outside of work, I enjoy playing ice hockey and spending time with our four pets.

Anthony Tolefree, MPH
Program Director

I have over a decade of experience in neurorehabilitation and neurological research working with individuals and families of all ages and backgrounds who have been impacted by neurological disorders. My bachelors in Kinesiology (Concordia University – St. Paul) served me well in an outpatient clinical setting where I worked with individuals while focusing on evidence-based interventions. This rehabilitation modality was a person-centered approach based on wellness, human movement and performance improvement regarding the individual’s neurological disease or disorder. My master’s degree in public health (Concordia University – Nebraska) has given me the expertise and experience to positively promote and protect the health of all people within Minnesota’s unique community. I have a passion for promoting education and resources for those that are impacted by Parkinson’s Disease by focusing on community engagement, awareness, and personal wellbeing to improve the quality of life of all.  Contact Tony if you or a loved one has questions about Parkinson’s Disease, or if you want to learn about events, classes, and other resources that are available to you.

STAY CONNECTED!

Join our email and/or mailing list for the latest information about Parkinson’s news, events and resources in your community.

Support Our Mission

To support your local About APDA Minnesota chapter please click the button below:

DONATE