The APDA Information & Referral Centers (also known as APDA I&R Centers) in Nassau & Suffolk Counties are designed to support and educate Long Islanders who are affected by Parkinson’s disease. The goal is to help them to live life to the fullest throughout their Parkinson’s journey. In addition to offering a wide variety of support groups throughout the region, the APDA I&R Centers host educational seminars and fundraising events, including an annual APDA Optimism Walk. These activities help to increase public awareness about the disease and raise much-needed funds that enable APDA to provide programs and services to the local PD community and also fund scientific research to find a cure.
Based on a commitment to patient education, support, and community involvement, NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine and St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center became designated APDA I&R Centers. As regional hubs of the APDA network in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, the I&R Centers in each county offer the following services:
- Up-to-date information on medical and surgical treatments for Parkinson’s disease
- Educational booklets on numerous aspects of Parkinson’s disease and its management
- Physician referrals
- Referrals to support groups for patients and caregivers
- Referrals and information related to clinical trials
- Referrals and information related to community resources.
APDA Long Island Information & Referral Centers Contact Information:
Nassau County Information & Referral Center
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
PO Box 8000, Northern Blvd.
Old Westbury, NY 11568
Charles A. Siguenza, MS, BFA
Medical Director: Adena Leder, DO