Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships: Academic Year 2023-2024
Letter of Intent due: Dec 16, 2022.
Invitation for full application: Early February 2023
Full Application due: March 2023
Two-year fellowship up to a maximum of $50,000 per year will be awarded to post-doctoral (MD, MD/PhD, or PhD) research trainees.
The applicants will receive notification of the decision in June 2023. The APDA grant year runs from September 1st, 2023, to August 31st, 2024.
APDA Post-doc fellowships are intended to support post-doctoral trainees at U.S. research institutions whose research training focuses on new insights into the pathophysiology, etiology, and/or treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Proposals can address research questions anywhere along the pipeline from basic science to rehabilitation-focused projects.
Applicants must have completed their MD, PhD, MD/PhD or clinical residency program within two (2) years of the onset of the proposed award.
Application Process and Proposal
Required information in the Letter of Intent:
- Provide an overview of research activities to be carried out. You can upload figures in supplemental materials. (400 words)
- Highlight the novelty of the current research as well as the relevance and potential significance of the findings to the PD community (100 words)
- Indicate collaborations with other internal or external researchers/organizations. (50 words)
- Explain why your institution and your lab are equipped to perform this research (100 words)
- Provide a narrative of how the budget will be allocated (% personnel, % equipment, etc.) (50 words)
- Citations (unlimited)
In addition, the applicant’s NIH biosketch and the mentor’s NIH biosketch are required.
10% of the funding can be used for indirect costs
Funding is not to be used for any of the following items:
- Travel expenses.
- Publication costs higher than $1,000.
- Equipment costs higher than $8,000.
Funds ($50,000 a year) will be awarded as follows, per year:
- 50% awarded on or about September of each fiscal year; 25% on or about March of each fiscal year and 25% on or about June of each fiscal year
- Funding is dependent on receipt of acceptable yearly scientific and financial reports.
- A final scientific and financial report is also required at the end of the second year.