Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships
Application - Academic year 2015-2016
One year grants up to a maximum of $35,000 will be awarded to post-doctoral (MD,MD/PhD, OD, OD/PhD or PhD) research trainees.
To support post-doctoral trainees whose research training focus holds promise for new insights into the pathophysiology, etiology, and/or treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Applicants must have completed their MD, OD, PhD, MD/PhD, OD/PhD or clinical residency program within two (2) years of the onset of the proposed award.
- Applicants should provide a research proposal not to exceed three (3) pages to include background rationale, research plan/methods, and significance.
A description of where the research will be done and the resources available.
Applications must include a letter of reference and support from the mentor and any other key collaborators.
The applicant should list all current and pending support.
- The applicant's NIH-Biosketch should be included.
Funding is not to be used for any of the following items:
- Indirect costs.
- Institutional overhead.
- Travel expenses
- Publication costs higher than $1,000.
Equipment cost higher than $8,000.
Complete application form. One (1) original of the application must be submitted no later than April 1, 2015 to the attention of Heather Gray, National Office. They will be reviewed by the APDA Scientific Advisory Board which will submit their recommendations to the Executive Committee. The applicants will be notified of the decisions in July 2015.
Funds will be awarded as follows, subject to availability of funds:
- 50% on or about September 2015.
- 25% on receipt of an acceptable six (6) month scientific report.
- 25% on receipt of acceptable twelve (12) month scientific and financial reports.