The RI Chapter Financial Support Program budget for 2023 has been met, and the program is currently on hold.
We will reopen the program after September 2023; the application will be located below. Thank you.
Financial Support for People Living with Parkinson’s in the State of Rhode Island
The APDA Rhode Island Chapter is pleased to offer a Financial Support Program, which provides financial assistance to people with Parkinson’s disease (PD) and their families who reside in the state of Rhode Island. Approved applicants will be eligible for up to $400 once per calendar year (January-December). Funds may be used for programs, services, and activities designed to improve quality of life.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and applicants will be notified within sixty (60) days of receipt. Awards are made on a first-come basis and are based on the availability of funds.
To qualify for this Financial Support Program, the applicant will:
- Complete and submit the below application.
- Attest to having a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease or Parkinsonism.
- Understand this program is intended to support people with Parkinson’s disease or Parkinsonism who need financial assistance.
- Reside within Rhode Island.
- Reside in the community, not in a rehabilitation center, long-term care, or skilled nursing facility.
Please call 401-439-8435 or email APDARI@apdaparkinson.org with any questions.